Tuesday 14 August 2012

Completed Games July 2012

Kirby: Power Paintbrush - DS
Kirby: Mass Attack - DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii

Three games completed last month with two being fun and brilliant to play and one not so much.

Kirby: Power Paintbrush was the disappointing one from the list. Had been after it for a while and was very pleased when I picked it up for so cheap but sadly what I found was a rather dull and uninspiring game with a control scheme that could be quite maddening. Kirby: Mass Attack on the other hand was a really fun game and for me a far better game than Power Paintbrush. A better control scheme, better levels and just overall a better game.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is an absolute joy of a game and is easily one of the best games that I have played this year. The difficulty of some of the levels is beyond words and I'll happily admit that I died a fair few times but that didn't stop it from being an absolutely brilliant game that is definitely worth playing,

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to getting Kirby Mass Attack sometime.
    Donkey Kong Country Returns is an amazing title, I love the artwork and imaginative level design. I think Nintendo need to look at Retro Studios to see where they can go with New Super Mario Bros Wii U.
    So... How many times did you throw the controller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirby Mass Attack is a great game, I saw it pre-owned for £13 the other day which was/is a really good price to pick it up at.

    Regarding DKR, I'm not going to lie, there was a fair few screams of anger but I don't believe that I once threw the remote. :-)

    ReplyDelete